Application period for
2020 is closed.
For more than 18 years, Mt. Zion Apostolic Church has awarded academic scholarships to members pursuing postsecondary education, acting on the belief that higher education among God's people is an enhancement to His Kingdom. These scholarships, in the amount of at least $1,000 each, are awarded to students who meet a predetermined set of standards established by the board of advisers. The scholarships support tuition, fees, and/or books and are paid directly to the school in which the student is enrolled. Download the brochure to learn more about our scholarship program.
Your tax-deductible gift allows us to help Mt. Zion students reach higher educational success. Consider making a donation today!
To receive a Mt. Zion scholarship, a student must be an active member of Mt. Zion Apostolic Church.
Candidates for a Mt. Zion scholarship must:
▪ Have a grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 grading scale at the time of application.
▪ Be enrolled full-time in a two- or four-year program at an accredited university, college, or trade school.
▪ Complete the scholarship application and fulfill all other requirements as outlined.
• Pastor Lillian V. Mason Scholarship for students age 36/older in any higher education grade level.
• Bishop James O. and Marian Franklin Scholarship for first-year college students up to age 35.
• Leroy D. Gates, Sr. Scholarship for second-year college students up to age 35.
• Joseph C. Jake, Jr. Scholarship for current year graduating high school students entering their first year of college.
Board of Advisers
Barbara Williams, Director